Homemade Nikuman Pork Buns.
You can have Homemade Nikuman Pork Buns using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Nikuman Pork Buns
- Prepare of To prepare the nikuman dough:.
- Prepare 200 grams of Flour (cake flour).
- You need 5 grams of Dry yeast.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 110 ml of Lukewarm water (approx. 40℃).
- Prepare of To prepare the nikuman filling:.
- It’s 100 grams of Ground pork.
- It’s 50 grams of Cooked bamboo shoots (brined).
- You need 1/2 of Japanese leek.
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Shaoxing wine (or Japanese sake).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of Oyster sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Grated ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Grated garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of Chicken soup stock granules.
- You need 1 pinch of Pepper.
Homemade Nikuman Pork Buns step by step
- Add all of the ingredients for the nikuman dough except for the vegetable oil and lukewarm water, and give everything a quick mix..
- Whilst mixing the dough with your hand, add the lukewarm water little by little. Next, add the vegetable oil and mix once more..
- Tip the dough out of the bowl and knead with your hands. Once smooth, form into a ball, return to the bowl and leave it to prove for 30 minutes whilst covered with a damp cloth..
- Finely chop the onion and bamboo shoots into fairly large pieces..
- In a separate bowl, add combine all of the nikuman filling ingredients and mix it evenly..
- Once the dough has proved, form it into a roughly 40-cm long thin strip and separate into 8 equal pieces..
- Roll out each piece of dough into an approximate 10-cm diameter oval shape. Make the center of the dough a bit thicker than the edges to prevent tearing..
- Place the filling in the middle of the dough and wrap the dough around whilst creating the nikuman pleats..
- Once wrapped, cover the pork buns with a damp cloth and prove for a second time for 15 minutes..
- Place the buns in a prepared steamer and steam for 15 minutes to complete..
Related video about this recipe: