Fluffy Kansai-style Okonomiyaki with Cabbage and Nagaimo Yam.
You can cook Fluffy Kansai-style Okonomiyaki with Cabbage and Nagaimo Yam using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fluffy Kansai-style Okonomiyaki with Cabbage and Nagaimo Yam
- Prepare 200 grams of Cabbage.
- You need 100 grams of Thinly sliced pork belly.
- It’s 2 medium of Eggs.
- It’s 2 of to 3 tablespoons Tempura crumbs.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sakura shrimp.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Red-coloured pickled ginger.
- It’s 80 grams of ○ Cake flour.
- It’s 160 grams of ○ Grated nagaimo yam.
- You need 1 tsp of ○ Bonito dashi stock granules or powdered bonito.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ○ Usukuchi soy sauce.
- You need of For finishing:.
- Prepare 1 of Okonomiyaki sauce, mayonnaise, aonori, bonito flakes.
Fluffy Kansai-style Okonomiyaki with Cabbage and Nagaimo Yam step by step
- Put all the ○ ingredients in a bowl and whisk with chopsticks until sticky. Let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes if you have time..
- Roughly shred the cabbage (about 5 cm long × 4-5 mm wide). Cut the thinly sliced pork belly into halves..
- Add cabbage, eggs, tempura crumbs, sakura shrimp, and pickled red ginger. Mix from the bottom using a big spoon to incorporate as much air as possible..
- <If you're using a frying pan> Heat a little oil in a pan over medium-low heat and drop the batter on the pan without flattening it. Form a round shape and place the meat on top. Cook slowly..
- After you flip it over, do not press down on it and turn up the heat gradually. Cook until the meat is crisp. Flip it over again and cook over medium heat to crisp the surface of the okonomiyaki..
- I usually cook 2 okonomiyaki at the same time. I recommend you use an electric griddle heated to 230°C and cook 3 okonomiyaki at the same time!.
- To finish, squirt Japanese-style Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, aonori dried powdered seaweed, and bonito flakes on top..
Related video about this recipe: