A Straightforward Recipe for Tonkatsu.
You can cook A Straightforward Recipe for Tonkatsu using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of A Straightforward Recipe for Tonkatsu
- It’s 1 slice of Pork loin cutlet.
- You need 1 dash of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of enough to immerse the pork Vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Batter.
- It’s 100 grams of Flour (cake flour).
- Prepare 1 of egg or less Egg.
- It’s 100 grams of Panko.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Ketchup.
- You need 100 ml of Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce.
A Straightforward Recipe for Tonkatsu step by step
- Lay the pork cutlet on a cutting board, and score the surface with a knife. Make the score pretty deep, almost cutting through the meat (This makes the cutlets cook through faster.).
- Bash the cutlet with the back of your knife evenly. Season with pepper on both sides..
- Make things ready to bread the cutlet. Arrange the flour, beaten egg, and panko in that order..
- Coat the cutlet evenly with flour, pressing it onto the surface. Immerse the cutlet in the beaten egg so that the flour absorbs its moisture. Coat with as much panko as you want..
- Put vegetable oil in a pan and heat over high heat. When you drop panko, it should sizzle and make crackling sounds..
- Drop in the breaded pork in slowly. Be careful not to burn yourself. Turn over occasionally as it cooks..
- When the surface has turned a deep golden brown, take it out and drain off excess oil on paper towels lined on a cutting board. If there's no redness when you cut through the meat, it's done..
- I just mixed ketchup and Japanese style Worcestershire sauce for a cheap sauce. It should be black, not red – that's the right ratio..
Related video about this recipe: